The tools in this section are designed to help your community take specific that will help rise your graduation rates. They connect to that appear throughout chapter 1 through 4.
The tools fall into three main categories:
- Informational handouts to build local action
- Form and tables to organize
- Charts to guide your decision-making
All are designed to be printed and distributed, and many are spreadsheets that your team can fill out build your understanding of conditions in your community.
- Tool 1 – What’s At Stake
- Tool 2 – What Are the Graduation Rate Results Produced by Different Methods of Calculation?
- Tool 3 – State and Community Profile
- Tool 4 – Graduation Rate Methods
- Tool 5 – Estimating Graduation Rates In Your Community
- Tool 6 – Dropout Profiles Related To Attendance, Credits, Credit Accumulation, Age, Withdrawal
- Tool 7 – Individual High School Dropout Transcript Analysis
- Tool 8 – School Performance Trends For Dropouts And/Or Withdrawals With Unknown Destinations
- Tool 9 – Attendance Survey
- Tool 10 – Surveys About Students’ Classroom And School Experiences
- Tool 11 – Policy Audit
- Tool 12 – College And Career Ready
- Tool 13 – Comprehensive Community Solutions
- Tool 14 – Asset Mapping For Individuals And Organizations
- Tool 15 – Key Data For An “Early Warning System”
- Tool 16 – Community Representatives Chart